Were you hoping to get a full-sized wearable Iron Man armor for Christmas, but now the gifts are all open and you are left armorless? This might be the explanation:
Last week a few websites like Gizmodo and Engadget posted stories about a company called Iron Man Factory that was planning to create cinema-ready versions of the Iron Man III suit (though its the Mark VIII in the movie). Here is one of the photos from the article.
They even gave a price of $2,000 per suit as long as 5,000 people ordered the suit. That was the number of pre-orders they wanted before starting the eight month manufacturing process. The article went on to say:
If you’re patient, though, that will buy you a carbon fiber reinforced polymer suit with metal joints, cushioned interior, and a touch-activated helmet complete with “intelligent” LED lighting system. There are even thrusters that pop out of the back. The suit will only fit people between 5’5″ and 6’1″. If that’s too much suit for you, you can pre-order the helmet only, for just $1,300.
And if you weren’t patient, then the company would be happy to use a 3D printer to make one of for you right away… for just $35,000.
This all sounds amazing… except for one small glitch. They forgot to make a deal with Marvel for permission to make the suits. And Marvel heard about it… maybe by reading Gizmodo or Engadget. So now Iron Man Factory’s website simply resolves to a screen that says “We are currently discussing with Marvel on licensing. Please visit: http://neigediy.taobao.com meantime. Sorry for the inconvenience.”
So note to all future entrepreneurs out there – if your new business revolves around someone else’s creation… you might want to put ‘Get Legal Permission’ at the top of your to-do list
- Richard Dragon Confirmed As Upcoming ‘Arrow’ Villain - July 24, 2017
- Writer’s Commentary – David Avallone On Bringing Bettie Page Back To Comics - July 24, 2017
- Kansas Rocks The ‘Supernatural’ Panel Stage With Carry On Wayward Son - July 23, 2017
- ‘Lucifer’ EPs Henderson And Modrovich Explain How They Got Tom Welling To Join The Cast - July 23, 2017
- Aimee Garcia Thinks Her ‘Lucifer’ Character Is The Most Interesting Woman In The World - July 23, 2017