If you’ve ever seen Walt Disney’s Wonderful World of Color – or, for that matter, Saving Mr Banks – you’ll have some idea of how Walt used to host and present his TV shows. There’s a pastiche of such an intro at the head of this toon, I Hate You Red Light.
It’s not just a meaningless tack-on, as the toon itself is in a 50s Disney style. Or mainly so – you’ll see some aesthetic differences, thanks in part to the more high-tech means of production. Perhaps the iPad in the introduction is more than just a throwaway gag but a wink of acknowledgment.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6LkV1r2HcI
And now we’re all much better drivers. Thank you for that,
Walt Disney MR Horhager and JM Walter.
And thanks to IndieWire for the embed.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014