This is the Top Ten Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, as compiled by a number of comic stores from their sales on Wednesday and Thursday. It measures what are known as the “Wednesday Warriors”, those who can’t wait to the weekend to get this week’s comics. We salute you, and the keenness you bring to your passion.
The first proper issue of the new Harley Quinn almost tipped All New X-Men to the top this week, though from some reports, that was more to retailers selling out all available issues on Wednesday, and for many stores it was their top seller. Expect a very fast second print on that one.
But All-New continues to establish itself as the new dominant “lead” X-Men book, Superior Spider-Man shows its continued appeal and Saga and East Of West continue to chart high. And whatever you call it, there is continued respect, and sales, for Batman And Robin. Even more so, it seems, without a Robin.
- All New X-Men #20
- Harley Quinn #1
- Superior Spider-Man #24
- Saga #17
- Uncanny Avengers #15
- Batman and Two Face #26
- X-Men #8
- East of West #8
- Thor, God Of Thunder #16
- Amazing Spider-Man 700.4
Thanks to the following contributing retailers:
- Rodman Comics of Ankeny, Iowa
- Yesteryear Comics of San Diego, California
- Pittsburgh Comics of McMurray, Pennsylvania
- Librairie Astro of Montreal, Que, Canada
- Jetpack Comics of Rochester, New Hampshire
- Laughing Ogre Comics of Lansdowne and Fairfax, Virginia, and Columbus, Ohio
- Impulse Creations of Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Neptune Comics of Waukesha, Wisconsin
- The Fallout Shelter of Highland Park, New Jersey
- Graham Crackers Comics of Illinois
And this is what they had to say:
Best sales year in our history, hoping to finish with a bang! Thanks to all publishers and creators for an amazing slate of material this year. Now top it in 2014!
It was a monster week in comics! Great releases from all publishers for the last real New Comic Day before Christmas. Excellent spread from Image, with Saga, Black Science, East of West, Revival and Pretty Deadly all in the same week. The finale of Joe Hill’s Locke & Key brought in a ton of people who aren’t regular weekly customers and overall people have been extremely happy with the ending of the series. Escape from Jesus Island deserves an honorable mention because when it went on sale when we opened this morning it has sold like crazy.
We’ve seen a huge upswing in My Little Pony and Adventure Time sales for the holidays. Parents are scooping up issues and trades for stocking stuffers like mad this week.
Lots of new Star Wars material this week. Very good books with very good talent on them. Please Marvel don’t just let Star Wars comics end when you get the license for it back like you did with Darkwing Duck, and the various Disney Comics that were being published. All New X Men is still slipping after doing well for most of its run.
With the announcement of a possible Sandman movie interest in Sandman is coming back. Had to reorder the first issue of the current series. If only the new monthly series was not delayed. Thanks Neil.
Steady week for books. Harley Quinn #1 was the top seller, but under performed from the zero issue.Image books starting to slow up since the onslaught of new books seem to be cannibalizing each other. The only strong seller this week was East of West since many people are waiting for the trades when it comes to Saga.
Walking Dead and Batman-New 52 are the books to get since many people have put these issues on wish lists for Christmas. After Christmas expect an increase in key issue sales when people spend cash or gift cards on those books that they would not usually throw down money on.
- 28-Page Preview of Super Suckers #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 20, 2018
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018
- What Happens if the Big Two Stop Publishing Comics? Find Out in This New Comic - January 20, 2018
- Comics Creator Mark Campos Has Died, Aged 55 - January 20, 2018
- African American Superhero Comics ‘YouNeek’ Get UK/European Bookstore Distribution Deal - January 20, 2018