HYDRA is returning to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, with Latino Review reporting Joss Whedon is now casting around for someone to play Baron Von Strucker, the immortal leader of the villainous group, in The Anvengers: Age of Ultron.
The casting breakdown for the character is thus:
PHYSICALLY IMPOSING MAN, age range 40-50, Caucasian
Martin Csokas and Dougary Scott are mentioned as two actors Whedon is interested in looking at for the part, but it is nowhere near to the point where one of them may end up cast yet.
Meanwhile, over at Hitfix, more plot details about Von Strucker’s exact role in the film has been reported:
Baron Von Strucker is the initial threat, the guy they’re fighting at the start of the film. He does not have a major ongoing role in the film, but he is responsible for bringing Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch into contact with the Avengers in the first place, since they start the film working either with or or the Baron. If you look at this like a James Bond movie, Von Strucker’s the bad guy they’ll take care of in the pre-credits sequence before they move into the main story. Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch have a complicated journey in this film, and the question of whether they’re good or bad is one of the big things driving the movie overall.
Sounds like the Avengers may spend the first portion of the film cleaning up the aftermath of Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
Another interesting thing to note is that Hitfix’s piece also hints there are plenty more major characters to be cast for this film that we don’t know about yet. I can’t wait.
- Fox Cancels Ancient Egypt Drama Hieroglyph Before It Even Airs - June 30, 2014
- David S. Goyer Developing Horror Novel Snowblind As Miniseries Adaptation - June 30, 2014
- Tom Hardy Joins Leonardo Dicaprio In The Revenant - June 30, 2014
- Bill Hader And Kristen Wiig Are The Skeleton Twins In First Trailer - June 30, 2014
- First Look At Henry Cavill As Clark Kent In Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice - June 30, 2014