Simon Kinberg is now a very important part of the Star Wars universe. As I understand it, he’s the co-creator and producer of Star Wars: Rebels, as well as a writer on its pilot episode. He’s also a “consultant” on Episode VII, and Episodes VIII and IX after it. And then, alongside all of this, he’s cooking up a spin-off movie that is expected to go into production in the next few years too.
If Star Wars succeeds in this next, Disney-powered generation, Kinberg will be due some of the credit. Of course, there’s a flip side to that equation too… but I think, actually, we’re onto something good. I think. I think. I hope.
This video from Lucasfilm introduces the man and puts him into a squarely Star Wars context. As an added bonus, he says a few things about Rebels‘ Inquisitor that might pique your interest.
The pilot episode of Rebels will be along in the summer or early Autumn, with a full series to follow in 2015.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014