Will Dennis is Group Editor at DC Comics/Vertigo and Mark Doyle is an Editor there.
I understand that both have decided not to move to the West Coast when DC Comics ups sticks from Manhattan to Burbank in April 2015.
Recently responsible for publishing the likes of DC Vertigo publishing 100 Bullets, Scalped, DMZ, The Losers, American Vampire, Trillium, The Wake, The Joker, Before Watchmen and the upcoming The Royals: Masters of War, both Dennis and Doyle have commanded considerable loyalty from creators, even when the contracts became less attractive.
This will add fire to the current situation at DC Comics, where I am told many staffers are not showing their hand. With Valiant, ComiXology, Archie, Dynamite and the like receiving many resumes, there’s the temptation to wait and see who else leaves, and if one might be able to fill their shoes, making the trip from coast to coast more worthwhile.
Well, it appears there will be four new big shoes to fill. In the eighties, Marvel once had an Assistant Editor’s Month. Will that be DC in April 2015?
And, hey, Dennis was assistant editor to Axel Alonso, before Alonso moved to Marvel, wasn’t he?
- We Are All Monsters – A Cadaver’s Confession - January 22, 2017
- Through The Eyes Of An Elephant-Man - January 22, 2017
- ‘Bout Time … Deadpool Meets Gwenpool - January 22, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd January 2017 – “I Ordered Really Low On Monsters Unleashed But It Wasn’t Low Enough” - January 22, 2017
- So Why Were DC Comics April 2017 Solicitations Delayed A Week Anyway? - January 22, 2017