Will Dennis is Group Editor at DC Comics/Vertigo and Mark Doyle is an Editor there.
I understand that both have decided not to move to the West Coast when DC Comics ups sticks from Manhattan to Burbank in April 2015.
Recently responsible for publishing the likes of DC Vertigo publishing 100 Bullets, Scalped, DMZ, The Losers, American Vampire, Trillium, The Wake, The Joker, Before Watchmen and the upcoming The Royals: Masters of War, both Dennis and Doyle have commanded considerable loyalty from creators, even when the contracts became less attractive.
This will add fire to the current situation at DC Comics, where I am told many staffers are not showing their hand. With Valiant, ComiXology, Archie, Dynamite and the like receiving many resumes, there’s the temptation to wait and see who else leaves, and if one might be able to fill their shoes, making the trip from coast to coast more worthwhile.
Well, it appears there will be four new big shoes to fill. In the eighties, Marvel once had an Assistant Editor’s Month. Will that be DC in April 2015?
And, hey, Dennis was assistant editor to Axel Alonso, before Alonso moved to Marvel, wasn’t he?
- Buzz and Pat Broderick, the New Inker Ambassadors for the Inkwell Awards - January 16, 2018
- Old Man Hawkeye #1 and Venom #160 Go to Second Printings - January 16, 2018
- Neil Gaiman Announces Paperback of Norse Mythology for Tuesday, March 6th - January 16, 2018
- Finally – Frank Miller’s 300 Prequel, Xerxes, from Dark Horse Comics in April 2018 - January 16, 2018
- So… Why Is Marvel Not Cancelling Their Lowest-Selling Comics? - January 16, 2018