Will Dennis is Group Editor at DC Comics/Vertigo and Mark Doyle is an Editor there.
I understand that both have decided not to move to the West Coast when DC Comics ups sticks from Manhattan to Burbank in April 2015.
Recently responsible for publishing the likes of DC Vertigo publishing 100 Bullets, Scalped, DMZ, The Losers, American Vampire, Trillium, The Wake, The Joker, Before Watchmen and the upcoming The Royals: Masters of War, both Dennis and Doyle have commanded considerable loyalty from creators, even when the contracts became less attractive.
This will add fire to the current situation at DC Comics, where I am told many staffers are not showing their hand. With Valiant, ComiXology, Archie, Dynamite and the like receiving many resumes, there’s the temptation to wait and see who else leaves, and if one might be able to fill their shoes, making the trip from coast to coast more worthwhile.
Well, it appears there will be four new big shoes to fill. In the eighties, Marvel once had an Assistant Editor’s Month. Will that be DC in April 2015?
And, hey, Dennis was assistant editor to Axel Alonso, before Alonso moved to Marvel, wasn’t he?
- People Are Adding “Nick Spencer Disclaimers” To Their Captain America T-Shirts - April 23, 2017
- Dark Matter Widens The Divide At DC Comics Between Dan DiDio And Geoff Johns - April 23, 2017
- Killing The 5 Year Timeline – Superman, Flash And Blue Beetle Spoilers For The Week Ahead, Rumbling Around C2E2 (UPDATE) - April 23, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 23rd April 2017 – Batman And Superman Beat Secret Empire, But Redneck And Monstress Rocket Up The Chart - April 23, 2017
- No Gays In Nineties X-Men? That’s What Greek Gods And Goddesses Are For… - April 23, 2017