It’s always fun to follow an official trademark application. It can show the intent of a publisher, but also how much they care about the trademark being applied for. It costs money, so it’s often not done willy nilly, often over things that will make the publisher lots of money. Such as movies.
But in this case, the registration from Marvel Characters is just in the field of “Downloadable electronic publications in the nature of comic books, comic magazines and stories in illustrated form”
And they are:
- Age Of Ultron
- Alpha Flight
- Black Panther
- Guardians Of The Galaxy
- New Warriors
- Rocket Raccoon
- Strikeforce Morituti
- Journey Into Mystery
- Irredeemable Ant Man
Is this Marvel just covering some trademark bases over books that hadn;t been trademarked on digital lines? Can we expect a new Alpha Flight title? Or are these books on which downloadable promotions will be concentrated? A new Rocket Raccoon only available to the digital crowd?
I have no idea. But, as ever, always fun to speculate!
- 3 New Marvel Comics Adult Coloring Books Coming In 2018: Black Panther, New Mutants, And Avengers - July 26, 2017
- The “I’m Not Buying This For A Second” Death In Secret Empire #7 (SPOILERS) - July 26, 2017
- Zatanna As A Hogwarts Professor? Frank Cho’s Sketch Covers And Commissions From San Diego Comic-Con - July 26, 2017
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Flash #27 - July 26, 2017
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Faith And The Future Force #1 - July 26, 2017