It’s always fun to follow an official trademark application. It can show the intent of a publisher, but also how much they care about the trademark being applied for. It costs money, so it’s often not done willy nilly, often over things that will make the publisher lots of money. Such as movies.
But in this case, the registration from Marvel Characters is just in the field of “Downloadable electronic publications in the nature of comic books, comic magazines and stories in illustrated form”
And they are:
- Age Of Ultron
- Alpha Flight
- Black Panther
- Guardians Of The Galaxy
- New Warriors
- Rocket Raccoon
- Strikeforce Morituti
- Journey Into Mystery
- Irredeemable Ant Man
Is this Marvel just covering some trademark bases over books that hadn;t been trademarked on digital lines? Can we expect a new Alpha Flight title? Or are these books on which downloadable promotions will be concentrated? A new Rocket Raccoon only available to the digital crowd?
I have no idea. But, as ever, always fun to speculate!
- DC Comics April 2018 Catalog – Solicits From Action Comics #1000 to Splitting Batman In Two… - January 22, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Trinity With #22 in April 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Will Marvel’s New Young Guns Move the Needle? - January 22, 2018
- 20 Previews of Free Comic Book Day 2018 Titles, from Barrier to Relay to 2000AD Reneged - January 22, 2018
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics Solicits for April 2018 - January 22, 2018