It’s always fun to follow an official trademark application. It can show the intent of a publisher, but also how much they care about the trademark being applied for. It costs money, so it’s often not done willy nilly, often over things that will make the publisher lots of money. Such as movies.
But in this case, the registration from Marvel Characters is just in the field of “Downloadable electronic publications in the nature of comic books, comic magazines and stories in illustrated form”
And they are:
- Age Of Ultron
- Alpha Flight
- Black Panther
- Guardians Of The Galaxy
- New Warriors
- Rocket Raccoon
- Strikeforce Morituti
- Journey Into Mystery
- Irredeemable Ant Man
Is this Marvel just covering some trademark bases over books that hadn;t been trademarked on digital lines? Can we expect a new Alpha Flight title? Or are these books on which downloadable promotions will be concentrated? A new Rocket Raccoon only available to the digital crowd?
I have no idea. But, as ever, always fun to speculate!
- Chris Evans To Read A Superhero Bedtime Story On British TV Next Month - April 24, 2017
- People Are Adding “Nick Spencer Disclaimers” To Their Captain America T-Shirts - April 23, 2017
- Dark Matter Widens The Divide At DC Comics Between Dan DiDio And Geoff Johns - April 23, 2017
- Killing The 5 Year Timeline – Superman, Flash And Blue Beetle Spoilers For The Week Ahead, Rumbling Around C2E2 (UPDATE) - April 23, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 23rd April 2017 – Batman And Superman Beat Secret Empire, But Redneck And Monstress Rocket Up The Chart - April 23, 2017