It’s always fun to follow an official trademark application. It can show the intent of a publisher, but also how much they care about the trademark being applied for. It costs money, so it’s often not done willy nilly, often over things that will make the publisher lots of money. Such as movies.
But in this case, the registration from Marvel Characters is just in the field of “Downloadable electronic publications in the nature of comic books, comic magazines and stories in illustrated form”
And they are:
- Age Of Ultron
- Alpha Flight
- Black Panther
- Guardians Of The Galaxy
- New Warriors
- Rocket Raccoon
- Strikeforce Morituti
- Journey Into Mystery
- Irredeemable Ant Man
Is this Marvel just covering some trademark bases over books that hadn;t been trademarked on digital lines? Can we expect a new Alpha Flight title? Or are these books on which downloadable promotions will be concentrated? A new Rocket Raccoon only available to the digital crowd?
I have no idea. But, as ever, always fun to speculate!
- Dark Horse Solicits For April 2017 – - January 24, 2017
- Changes To Tomorrow’s Comics – Detective Comics, Future Quest And Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps - January 24, 2017
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today! A Comic Show – Star Wars, Saga, & Slayer - January 24, 2017
- Reading Nick Spencer’s Captain America While Reading His Tweets - January 24, 2017
- André Lima Araújo Is Drawing The Wicked + The Divine 455 - January 24, 2017