Imagine you’re a Cosplayer and you dress up as Superman. You’ve got a crowd around you and you want to put on a good show. Now image you could touch a button and the famous John Williams score starts to play. Or you’re Wolverine and when you slide out your claws, a loud “Snikt” fills the room. Or your entrance as the Doctor is proceeded by that heart-warming sound of the Tardis materializing.
The guys at VFX Creative Studios want to make that happen.
They were designing large puppets for haunted houses and tried to find a special effects system that they could use. Once they found one that worked, the realized how it could be a whole lot better and have gone about creating that very system. A wireless special effects set up that could be worn by actors, costumed character, LARPers and cosplayers.
Their six option set up even included a “hacker” kit that will allow you to put the trigger buttons into your props… such as the trigger of a gun or the handle of a sword. It’s also crazy loud. At a possible 106 dbs, that is louder than a chainsaw or power drill.
If this is something that interests you, check out their kickstarter page and back them. You never know… this just might be the missing ingredient you needed to make that Howard Stern/Fart Man cosplay costume you’ve always wanted to do. (Like there won’t be someone out there getting a personal special effects machine to do stuff like this.)
- When Tom Cavanagh Went To Red Bank, New Jersey - April 28, 2017
- NFL Draft: Day One – Like Watching A Kevin Costner Movie - April 28, 2017
- Chris Pratt Has Fun With His Dave Bautista Prop - April 28, 2017
- Cosplaying The Guardians Of The Galaxy’s Mantis And Nebula - April 28, 2017
- Coulson Tries To Tell May About The Framework In Agents Of SHIELD Sneak Peek - April 28, 2017