Imagine you’re a Cosplayer and you dress up as Superman. You’ve got a crowd around you and you want to put on a good show. Now image you could touch a button and the famous John Williams score starts to play. Or you’re Wolverine and when you slide out your claws, a loud “Snikt” fills the room. Or your entrance as the Doctor is proceeded by that heart-warming sound of the Tardis materializing.
The guys at VFX Creative Studios want to make that happen.
They were designing large puppets for haunted houses and tried to find a special effects system that they could use. Once they found one that worked, the realized how it could be a whole lot better and have gone about creating that very system. A wireless special effects set up that could be worn by actors, costumed character, LARPers and cosplayers.
Their six option set up even included a “hacker” kit that will allow you to put the trigger buttons into your props… such as the trigger of a gun or the handle of a sword. It’s also crazy loud. At a possible 106 dbs, that is louder than a chainsaw or power drill.
If this is something that interests you, check out their kickstarter page and back them. You never know… this just might be the missing ingredient you needed to make that Howard Stern/Fart Man cosplay costume you’ve always wanted to do. (Like there won’t be someone out there getting a personal special effects machine to do stuff like this.)
- Exclusive First Look at the Dynamite Hardened Heroes Titles Shipping in April 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Red Sonja: Hyrkania’s Legacy Cooperative Adventure Game Coming in April - January 22, 2018
- Black Lightning Season 1: Marvin ‘Krondon’ Jones III Talks Tobias Whale - January 22, 2018
- Exclusive First Look at the Women of Dynamite Titles Shipping April 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Marvel’s Inhumans Fans Create Petition to Save the Series - January 22, 2018