Rick Basaldua is a comic book inker, who has mostly worked for Top Cow over the last decade, recently on The Darkness, and was on Top Cow’s signing schedule at this year’s San Diego Comic Con. He is the brother of the better known Eric Basaldua, or EBas. He is often seen at comic conventions on Artists Alley, and has a sideline in arranging cosplayer photoshoots.
Bleeding Cool has seen paperwork that shows a restraining order in a category of domestic violence has been successfully placed against Rick, to protect another comic creator.
The order states that Rick must stay at least 300 feet away from her and her home, and must never contact her.
The victim met Rick through comic book work and cosplay photography. Bleeding Cool has chosen not to reveal the complainant’s identity, at her request.
While I have corresponded with Rick Basaldua at length regarding related matters recently, he did not respond to enquiries, when put to him earlier today.
- Aspen Relaunches No World in November 2018 Solicits - August 14, 2018
- Zenescope Launches Comics Festival for Its Biggest Fans – or at Least Those with $99 Memberships - August 14, 2018
- Marvel Comics Put the Fantastic Four #1 Spoiler on the Second Printing Front Cover - August 14, 2018
- Lisa Bloom to Represent #MeToo Allegations Against IDW’s President and Publisher - August 14, 2018
- Marvel May Act Against CryptoCurrency Wacoinda - August 14, 2018