I was at the Long Beach Comic Con two weeks back and I heard one of the cosplayers mention that she was sad because it was the last big convention of the year. Whether you are a fan, cosplayer or creator the convention circuit can be exhausting and exhilarating all at once. Once you get into the groove of doing shows, you don’t necessarily want to stop. It’s like existing in a very special little community.
Well, I got a note yesterday that there is one more show left… and it’s in New Jersey. The Jersey Comic Con is next weekend, December 13th – 15th in Hampton, New Jersey and they’ve put together quite a line-up for so late in the season.
To start with they’ve got a few publishers heading their way, the proverbial A to Z as Avatar Press has just been added and Zenescope Entertainment who has done up an exclusive cover for the show based on their series Code Red.
Also at the show will be: Breaking Bad’s Mark Margolis and Giancarlo Esposito, Arrow’s Manu Bennett, The Walking Dead’s Daniel Thomas May, Theo Crane and Travis Love, X-Men’s Tyler Mane and Kelly Hu, Firefly’s Ron Glass and comic creators: Neal Adams, Jeff Zornow, Tommy Castillo, James O’Barr, Arthur Suydam, Mark Texeira and Rodney Ramos.
So if you are looking for one last show to do this year, this is your chance. Oh… and there is a “Drink & Draw” scheduled for Saturday night with Tommy Castillo… having gone drinking with Tommy in the past, this is definitely an event you want to attend.
- NFL Post-Mortem: The 2017 Tampa Bay Buccaneers - January 17, 2018
- The Elongated Man Gets His Official Super Suit - January 17, 2018
- Writer’s Commentary: Erik Burnham Talks Red Sonja #12 - January 17, 2018
- Melissa Benoist on Playing Supergirl and Singing Sad Songs at Disneyland - January 17, 2018
- Black Lightning Strikes with Strong Premiere Ratings - January 17, 2018