A Bleeding Cool reader and print comic book subscriber writes:
I subscribe to several comics through DC and Marvel. I thought you’d be interested in a letter I got from DC today together with my copy of Detective Comics #26. I’ve attached a picture of it. Apparently I will not be receiving Detective Comics #27 because it is a “super-sized issue that will retail for $7.99.” Meanwhile, Marvel sent me my $7.99 Amazing Spider-Man #700 last year, and DC themselves sent me the $7.99 Green Lantern #20 just a few months ago. I wonder about the sudden stinginess… especially with the holiday season! Anyway, I thought that maybe some press about this might get them to rethink such policies that are unfair to the subscriber.
Thanks and Happy Holidays!
That does seem an inconsistent policy. Especially considering Detective Comics #27 kicks off the big Gothtopia crossover event. How about a little Christmas cheer, DC?
- Marvel To Publish Ridiculous X-Men Gold And Blue Trade Paperbacks - July 25, 2017
- The ‘Stranger Things’ Cast Tell Us About Their Favourite Scary Movies at SDCC - July 25, 2017
- Dan DiDio On DC Comics And Acknowledging Legacy Numbering - July 25, 2017
- Marvel Comics To Publish Cinematic Universe ‘Black Panther’ Origin And ‘Infinity War’ Preludes - July 25, 2017
- Marvel Comics Hires Jaime Hernandez For ‘Ms America Chavez’ Origin - July 25, 2017