A Bleeding Cool reader and print comic book subscriber writes:
I subscribe to several comics through DC and Marvel. I thought you’d be interested in a letter I got from DC today together with my copy of Detective Comics #26. I’ve attached a picture of it. Apparently I will not be receiving Detective Comics #27 because it is a “super-sized issue that will retail for $7.99.” Meanwhile, Marvel sent me my $7.99 Amazing Spider-Man #700 last year, and DC themselves sent me the $7.99 Green Lantern #20 just a few months ago. I wonder about the sudden stinginess… especially with the holiday season! Anyway, I thought that maybe some press about this might get them to rethink such policies that are unfair to the subscriber.
Thanks and Happy Holidays!
That does seem an inconsistent policy. Especially considering Detective Comics #27 kicks off the big Gothtopia crossover event. How about a little Christmas cheer, DC?
- Ch-Ch-Changes- with Edgar Salazar, Grant Morrison, Howard Porter and Jorge Jiminez - January 15, 2018
- Jamie Hewlett Draws BBC Radio 4 Front Row’s Stig Abel - January 15, 2018
- IDW to Publish Rick Veitch’s Brat Pack Hardcover in September - January 15, 2018
- Meet the Pink Time Force Ranger in April - January 15, 2018
- Valiant Issues Correction for Shadowman #1 Glow-in-the-Dark Variant – They Will Publish More Than One Copy - January 15, 2018