There was a press conference today to officially announce the director and cast of a new Lupin III movie, another caper for the leading gentleman thief in all of manga.
This is far from the first adaptation of the Monkey Punch strip, with a TV anime just this year, a popular one from Hayao Miyazaki in the late 70s, and a live action movie as far back as 1974.
According to Eiga, the new film is being directed by Ryuhei Kitamura. They also included this helpful grid of actors and the characters they’ll be playing.
That’s Shun Oguri in the title role, Arsene Lupin III, then Tadanobu Asano as Inspector Koichi Zenigata, Go Ayano as Goemon Ishikawa, Tetsuji Tamayama as Daisuke Jigen and Meisa Kuroki as Fujiko Mine.
Production apparently kicked off on October 3rd and they’ve been to locations Japan, Thailand, Hong Kong, Singapore, and the Philippines. Likely hard to infiltrate locations with exciting bounty inside.
I’ll cross my fingers and hope for fun. I’ll cross a couple more and hope this gets some kind of release in the West.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014