For nearly 30 year’s, Stan Sakai has been entertaining us. From lettering Groo the Wanderer with Sergio Argones and Mark Evanier to his own creation Usagi Yojimbo, Stan has set the high-water mark for creator-owned comics.
Now Stan is dealing with one of the pitfalls of doing creator-owned comics… his wife Sharon has been battling a debilitating illness for a while that has included a long hospital stay and convalescence. She is home now but needs 24-hour care and medication and its more than their insurance covers.
CAPS, the Cartoon Art Professional Society is putting together an auction where 100% of the proceeds will go to Stan and Sharon to pay their on-going medical expenses. CAPS is asking for fellow cartoonist and comic book artists to contribute original artwork to the cause.
Any artist interested in contributing can send artwork (including your name, estimated value and any additional comments or description) to:
CAPS P.O. Box 656, Burbank CA. 91503
Update – for anyone who doesn’t have the original art option and wishes to donate to help out Stan and Sharon, the Garage Art Studios! guys have set up a way to donate through a paypal account with all the funds going to the Sakai’s.
- Exclusive Extended Previews – Pathfinder: Runescars And Project Superpowers: Hero Killers - July 25, 2017
- Comic Book History Of DC Comics’ Morgan Edge - July 25, 2017
- Hot Toys ‘Roadworn Thor’ 1/6th Scale Figure Is A Bit Spoilery - July 25, 2017
- Matt Groening Brings ‘Disenchantment’ To Netflix - July 25, 2017
- Early NFL Power Rankings – Swinging Out To The AFC West - July 24, 2017