I think The Original Series was the most appealing and satisfying Star Trek for both the casual and also the most determined, invested viewer until at least the 2009 movie came along and, arguably, seduced the casual audience yet more successfully.
As such, this complete Blu-ray set of all of the episodes from that ’66-’69 run should find themselves on an awful lot of shelves.
And now’s a good time to add them to yours, if you at all fancy it. The box’s RRP is $179.98 but Amazon have just slapped it with an amazing $69.99 price tag.
All of the discs included are region free, so they’ll work internationally, and there’s plenty of supplements including alternate versions of episodes and tributes to the talent. Above all else, though, there’s the astonishing Blu-ray presentation. These episodes never looked this good on broadcast, and I found some scenes to be absolutely jaw-dropping.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014