But then he wrote The Crow: City Of Angels
He wrote Nick Fury: Agent Of SHIELD. The one starring The Hoff.
He wrote Blade I, II and III.
He wrote Batman Begins and Dark Knight Rises.
He wrote Ghost Rider Spirit Of Vengeance.
And then he wrote Man of Steel.
Basically, if you want a comic book movie made, you go to David Goyer. And now DC Comics won’t have it any other way.
I understand that people looking at making films based on the likes of Suicide Squad, Booster Gold, Deathstroke and even Team 7 have been told that they have to partner or work with Goyer as producer.
Which is why Geoff Johns‘ Sandman movie project has David Goyer at the helm, and not Gaiman – though it’s not certain Goyer will write the screenplay himself, he will be pretty darn hands on.
Some producers, used to being the Alpha Dog on their projects, are less than thrilled to have to take a reduced producer role where Goyer would supervise.
On the other hand: people have been looking at, in however a preliminary fashion, films based on the likes of Suicide Squad, Booster Gold, Deathstroke and even Team 7.
Seems that Goyer’s success on Batman and now Superman has resulted in Goyer being referred to by one producer as DC’s “Feige”, after Marvel’s Kevin Feige.
Gotta get a Goyer.
- Watchmen, The Justice Society, Flash And Batman – It’s All Happening! - February 24, 2017
- Aspen Denied Free Comic Book Day 2017 – So They Are Doing It Themselves With Aspen Universe: Decimation #0, Free For May - February 24, 2017
- Saudia Arabia Comic Con Condemned By Religious Leaders – But Not Mads Mikkelsen - February 24, 2017
- Tom King Teases Batman/Rorschach Crossover… - February 24, 2017
- What Would A Comics Retailer Tell Their Younger Self Before Opening Their Store? - February 24, 2017