But then he wrote The Crow: City Of Angels
He wrote Nick Fury: Agent Of SHIELD. The one starring The Hoff.
He wrote Blade I, II and III.
He wrote Batman Begins and Dark Knight Rises.
He wrote Ghost Rider Spirit Of Vengeance.
And then he wrote Man of Steel.
Basically, if you want a comic book movie made, you go to David Goyer. And now DC Comics won’t have it any other way.
I understand that people looking at making films based on the likes of Suicide Squad, Booster Gold, Deathstroke and even Team 7 have been told that they have to partner or work with Goyer as producer.
Which is why Geoff Johns‘ Sandman movie project has David Goyer at the helm, and not Gaiman – though it’s not certain Goyer will write the screenplay himself, he will be pretty darn hands on.
Some producers, used to being the Alpha Dog on their projects, are less than thrilled to have to take a reduced producer role where Goyer would supervise.
On the other hand: people have been looking at, in however a preliminary fashion, films based on the likes of Suicide Squad, Booster Gold, Deathstroke and even Team 7.
Seems that Goyer’s success on Batman and now Superman has resulted in Goyer being referred to by one producer as DC’s “Feige”, after Marvel’s Kevin Feige.
Gotta get a Goyer.
- In Memory of Harlan Ellison: Michael Davis’s ‘The City on the Edge of Forever, Whitney, Martha & Apple Sauce – Straight No Chaser #339’ - July 17, 2018
- Dean Haspiel’s Red Hook Continues Free at LINE Webtoons with Starcross – Previewed Here - July 17, 2018
- Rock Candy Mountain’s Kyle Starks and Chris Schweizer Create Mars Attacks Comic for Dynamite - July 17, 2018
- John Jackson Miller and Daniel HDR Launch 35-Cent Battlestar Galactica #0 in October from Dynamite - July 17, 2018
- It’s a Two-Shirt Ant-Man and The Wasp Loot Crate for July 2018 - July 17, 2018