During a presentation to investors, Sony’s Amy Pascal has revealed how the studio is planning to maximise their movie rights to Spider-Man. Following in the footsteps of Marvel and, I suppose, Warner Bros.’ shared universe plans, the idea will be to create extra movies based around characters that fall under Sony ‘ownership’ along with Peter Parker.
We already knew that a Venom movie was being – or at least has been – considered, but this reference to movies, plural, raises one obvious question…
Black Cat seems like a fair bet, and I wonder if they’ll be able to use The Kingpin..? I’m not sure if he falls under Spider-Man, Daredevil or both.
After those, any specific guesses I might be able to make are limited to villains, though I do think that might be a good bet.
After all, I have it on good authority that a Sinister Six movie of some kind is definitely on the cards – perhaps the culmination of the main-thread Amazing Spider-Man series and spin-offs?
Though it does seem like Pascal does have multiple heroes in mind. I can’t even start to guess who they might be. Here’s an exact quote courtesy of The Wrap:
We are going to access Marvel’s full world of Spider-Man characters, so be on the lookout for new heroes and villains.
Is there anybody in particular that might make for a good movie? I can’t think of any Spider-Man side character who’s anything like as interesting as Peter Parker.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014