Right now this is just gossip but it comes from a fairly well-placed source. We’re hearing that Matt Smith went in for a role in Star Wars Episode VII. We don’t know if that means he had an audition, a screen test or just a chat with JJ Abrams or George Lucas, but it’s another case of fandoms colliding.
We’re still expecting Benedict Cumberbatch to be in the running for a role in the film, smashing Star Trek into Star Wars. Matt Smith would add Doctor Who to the mix. He’d be the first person to ever wield a lightsaber and a sonic screwdriver.
If these keeps up, we might have a real competitor for Starter For Ten‘s super geek crossover status.
- 3 New Marvel Comics Adult Coloring Books Coming In 2018: Black Panther, New Mutants, And Avengers - July 26, 2017
- The “I’m Not Buying This For A Second” Death In Secret Empire #7 (SPOILERS) - July 26, 2017
- Zatanna As A Hogwarts Professor? Frank Cho’s Sketch Covers And Commissions From San Diego Comic-Con - July 26, 2017
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Flash #27 - July 26, 2017
- The Quite Definite Death Of [SPOILERS] In Faith And The Future Force #1 - July 26, 2017