Right now this is just gossip but it comes from a fairly well-placed source. We’re hearing that Matt Smith went in for a role in Star Wars Episode VII. We don’t know if that means he had an audition, a screen test or just a chat with JJ Abrams or George Lucas, but it’s another case of fandoms colliding.
We’re still expecting Benedict Cumberbatch to be in the running for a role in the film, smashing Star Trek into Star Wars. Matt Smith would add Doctor Who to the mix. He’d be the first person to ever wield a lightsaber and a sonic screwdriver.
If these keeps up, we might have a real competitor for Starter For Ten‘s super geek crossover status.
- Tomorrow, Bill Sienkiewicz Pretends to Be Esad Ribic - November 20, 2018
- Aspen Teases the Return of Damsels In Excess in February 2019 Solicits - November 20, 2018
- Preview: Zoe Quinn and Robbi Rodriguez’ Goddess Mode - November 20, 2018
- So… How Are You Meant To Count Avengers Issue Numbers Now? - November 20, 2018
- Our First Look at Mark MIllar and Simone Bianchi’s Sharkey The Bounty Hunter for Netflix – With Covers From Frank Quitely and Matteo Scalera - November 20, 2018