Right now this is just gossip but it comes from a fairly well-placed source. We’re hearing that Matt Smith went in for a role in Star Wars Episode VII. We don’t know if that means he had an audition, a screen test or just a chat with JJ Abrams or George Lucas, but it’s another case of fandoms colliding.
We’re still expecting Benedict Cumberbatch to be in the running for a role in the film, smashing Star Trek into Star Wars. Matt Smith would add Doctor Who to the mix. He’d be the first person to ever wield a lightsaber and a sonic screwdriver.
If these keeps up, we might have a real competitor for Starter For Ten‘s super geek crossover status.
- J Michael Straczynski On The Importance – Or Not – Of Superman’s Red Shorts - January 16, 2017
- Clone Conspiracy #4 Goes Back To Amazing Fantasy #15 – But Not Quite In The Way You MightThink - January 16, 2017
- How Jason Fabok’s Watchmen Covers For Batman And Flash In April Came About… - January 16, 2017
- Unfollow And Clean Room: Season One End With #18 – More Frankensteining DC Solicits For April 2016 As $3.99 Is The New $2.99 - January 16, 2017
- Jessica Jones Meets Roger Rabbit – Black Cloud #1, Out This April, From Jason Latour, Ivan Brandon, Greg Finkle, Matt Wilson And Image Comics - January 16, 2017