The above picture of Stephen Amell in his new Arrow mask debuted at Entertainment Weekly alongside some rationale from the show’s executive producer, Andrew Kreisberg:
Conceptually, it was something we wanted to do because Oliver himself is evolving as the Arrow– from vigilante to hero, sort of from Arrow to Green Arrow — and we wanted to see that progression in his costume as well. As Oliver is embracing being a hero, being a hero means stepping out of the dark and being moreof a symbol, so he has to take steps to conceal his identity more.
And… it’s easier to mass produce and sell this design? Maybe?
Okay, perhaps I’m just a grumpy old cynic. But I won’t be alone. Somebody out there reading this has already decided this design is a step too far into camp. Well, for you, dear reader, here’s another quote from Kreisberg:
A lot of our early attempts were very, shall I say, Joel Schumacher-esque. And it was really Greg [Berlanti] who said not to overcomplicate it.
So… it could have been worse.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014