Add another sequel to the ludicrous heap of 2015 franchise films, but this time, I don’t think Star Wars Episode VII will face any kind of competition at all.
Because while Frank Capra’s incredibly tender and tearjerking It’s a Wonderful Life is deservedly one of the most loved films of all time, most definitely Christmas time, the planned sequel is coming from unproven, off-the-chart producers that don’t show any signs of delivering a picture that people will want to watch.
Perhaps that sounds harsh, but check out these excerpts from Variety’s story on the matter:
The sequel, titled “It’s A Wonderful Life: The Rest of the Story,” is being financed by Allen J. Schwalb of Star Partners who will also produce along with Bob Farnsworth of Hummingbird.
Karolyn Grimes, who played George Bailey’s daughter “Zuzu” in the original, will return for the Wonderful Life sequel as an angel who shows Bailey’s unlikeable grandson (also named George Bailey) how much better off the world would have been had he never been born.
This will be Grimes’ first film since 1950. More recently she’s been peddling The It’s a Wonderful Life Cookbook and ceramic ornaments.
Okay, maybe I’ll change my mind when creative talent are announced and it turns out this is being written and directed by heart-string pluckers of sheer genius.
But… well, this thing just smacks of cash grab at the moment.
Yeah. Bah humbug.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014