I don’t know how far Adam McKay and Paramount will really take this loopy notion but a newly published interview with the Anchorman director has revealed an offbeat spin-off that might just happen.
What follows amounts to an Anchorman 2 spoiler. How much of a spoiler remains to be seen, but do step carefully if plot reveals at all enter into your interest in Anchorman matters.
So. In Anchorman 2, it’s revealed that Ron Burgundy has a son. I’m assuming Veronica is the mother? Talking about this boy and his dog McKay told Collider:
I mean, I guess it’s kinda out of the bag that Ron has a son? Or did I just let it out of the bag? … I just let it out of the bag. So we wanted to do the adventures of his son, Walter Burgundy, and Baxter [the pet dog, as seen in Anchorman]. And I actually pitched it to Adam Goodman at Paramount and he said, “That’s not a bad idea.” So there’s a chance we might be doing a Milo and Otis, G-rated, PG, Adventures of Walter and Baxter, which would be amazing.
Yes, I’d certainly be amazed.
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues will be in UK and US cinemas on December 20th.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014