Alexa Vega (Machete Kills, Sin City 2) is set to release a new digital comic series called Suicide Layne from Kickstart Comics (not to be confused with Kickstarter). Vega came up with character while she was working as a child actress on the set of movies like Spy Kids. She was encouraged at the time to take the idea forward by director Robert Rodriguez. Vega has brought the concept back out with the idea of doing it as a comic and possibly a television project for herself.
Synopsis of the book from the publisher:
LAYNE RAMIREZ is a celebrity, a motocross racer, and a legendary stunt bike rider. Young and beautiful, Layne is as at home on the red carpet as she is on the racetrack. But she holds a dark secret. As a child, Layne watched as a gang of thugs beat her undercover DEA agent father to death right in front of her. Now, by night, Layne roams the streets as a bike-riding vigilante, a deadly angel of justice. She and her team have HUNTED the five men who killed her father, one by one. Now, tonight, she has a chance to get to the final killer on her list… But not all goes as planned… SUICIDE LAYNE is a tale of ass-kicking justice, and blood-soaked revenge.
- Luke Cage’s Theo Rossi Talks The Role Of Shades - July 20, 2017
- Teaser Trailer For Voltron: Legendary Defender Season 3 Released - July 20, 2017
- Gail Simone Wants To Write Spider-Man With Nicola Scott, And More From Her SDCC Panel - July 20, 2017
- ‘Voltron: Legendary Defender’ Panel Premieres New Episode - July 20, 2017
- The Hidden Disney Collectibles Of San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017