I understand that Joshua Hale Fialkov has made a deal with Lionsgate TV to adapt his own webcomic The Bunker into a pilot, potentially a series.
You know, the comic you first read about here.
If you haven’t read any of the series yet it’s hard to summarise without spoiling. It’s a time travel story – I think I can say that – and it’s about five friends faced with a truly epic, world changing series of decisions when they find the mysterious bunker of the title.
The Bunker was co-created by Fialkov and Joe Infurnari who retauned the rights and published digitally. This would probablyhave put them in the optimum bargaining position with TV production companies. Could it have set up Fialkov as the next Robert Kirkman? Good luck to the man.
We don’t yet know where The Bunker might end up on screen but Lionsgate have made network, cable and in the case of Orange is the New Black, Netflix series. Sci-fi is so mainstream now, and The Bunker has such clear, emotional hooks, that it really could end up anywhere.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014