On November 21st, just two days ahead of the Doctor’s 50th anniversary, and the day before his big convention in London, Puffin will publish the eleventh Doctor Who e-Book of the year. This one has been written by Neil Gaiman.
This one is to be Nothing O’Clock, and Blogtor Who have this quote from Gaiman that explains what it will be about. Sort of.
Nothing O’Clock stars the Eleventh Doctor, the Matt Smith Doctor, with Amy Pond as his companion. I set it somewhere during the first season of Matt Smith, mostly on Earth, in our time now and in 1984, but also somewhere else, a very, very long time ago. I had never created an original monster for Doctor Who and really enjoyed getting to create a creepy Doctor Who monster of the kind that we haven’t quite seen before… I hope that the Kin will get out there and occasionally give people nightmares. And that you will be worried if a man in a rabbit mask comes to your door and tries to buy your house.’
To be honest, I would already feel a little anxious about a man in a rabbit mask at my front door, and that’s whether he’s trying to buy my house or not. It didn’t really take Peter Benchley to make a shark scary, and so it will be with Gaiman and his bunny-faced property hunter.
I’ve opted out of buying any of the years’ short Doctor Who e-Books so far, knowing that there was a compendium coming. This one, though, I’ll skip happily into straight away on November 21st. I’ve already ready a pile of new Neil Gaiman this year – it’s been a vintage year, really – and I’m nowhere near sated.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014