Darren Randell writes for Bleeding Cool:
OH GOD THE PRESSURE!
I mean hi gentle reader,
I recently launched my baby into the Thunderdome known as Kickstarter where it now fights for it’s life in a bloodied arena filled with the unfunded corpses of a thousand Indy comics. As a first time project creator on Kickstarter it does kind of feel like this. Like I’m sitting in the stands of some Roman Colosseum watching my chubby child wrestle a tiger.
What goes through your head in this situation, for me anyway is ” did I do everything I could? Was the video strong enough? Did I clearly illustrate what this book is about?” and of course, “Why do my feet smell like Doritos?”.
I can’t help but feel like my marketing abilities are letting down what is an absolutely stunning project. That’s the bit that gets you. You can spend years perfecting your project but without the right marketing and coverage your like a rock band playing an empty hall.
I’ve been working on the script and planning the graphic novel for years and now i just need to raise the funds to pay for printing and artists James and Jeremy to finish illustrating the book. Curse those artists and their need for food and shelter when there are perfectly good dumpsters outside!
If I could define what the Kickstarter experience has done for me it’s that it’s renewed my faith in the future of the creative industries. Weather I get funded or not, as of a few minutes ago 70 people on this planet have decided that my baby deserves to get made and that they want to help that happen. How awesome is that? How awesome are they!
It’s time to check on my child wrestling that tiger again. 2 new pledges, Alright! Look at that chubby baby fight!
- Channing Tatum Attached To Star In Adaptation Of ‘Bloodlines’ By Melissa Del Bosque - August 16, 2017
- The Sisters Fight Back In Clip From Netflix’s ‘What Happened To Monday’ - August 16, 2017
- Gina Torres To Lead Potential ‘Suits’ Spinoff Series - August 16, 2017
- Marvel’s The Defenders Featurette Sets Up The Series - August 16, 2017
- NFL Loosens Rules On Custom Cleats, Trying To Bring Fun Back To Football - August 15, 2017