Darknet is a horror anthology series revolving around a website of the same name. The episodes are set to screen on TV in Canada with the first, seemingly self -contained episode already available online for the rest of us.
I just watched this first instalment before breakfast. Maybe not the ideal time for this kind of thing but I was certainly drawn in pretty quickly. Writer-director Vincenzo Natali has really nailed the atmosphere in the most suspenseful scenes – for full effect, watch it on your biggest screen and preferably in a quiet place.
There are two story threads in this instalment. The one with David Hewlett certainly has its moments – not to mention David Hewlett – but its the one with Michelle Alexander that I really, really enjoyed.
Incidentally, Natali’s latest feature, Haunter, is available as VOD right now and comes highly recommended. I understand it’s also playing in some cinemas too, if you’re lucky enough to live in the right areas.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014