Valiant has found a comic that brings people together. The publisher announced the initial orders for Unity #1 to be 68,500 copies. The high number of orders may have something to do with the previous announcement that there will be only one print run of the issue. So when it sells out, there will be no more made.
The company has also made Unity #2 and #3 100% returnable for retailers who match or exceed 50% of their initial orders for Unity #1.
We see “sell outs” all the time in comics but rarely do we get to see the actually numbers.
According to Valiant’s Sales Manager Atom! Freeman, the initial orders for Unity #1 puts it ahead of a few other of this year’s success stories like: East of West, Hawkeye, Lazarus, Pretty Deadly, Saga, Sex Criminals, Velvet and Ten Grand.
“UNITY #1 could be our most important single issue to date, and we couldn’t be happier with the sales and excitement leading up to its debut. Matt Kindt and Doug Braithwaite are delivering something truly magical with this series and issue #1 is a pitch perfect first step,” said CEO & Chief Creative Officer Dinesh Shamdasani. “Moreover, we’ve gone all out to ensure the series delivers to both fans and retailers, and have even bigger plans for the second arc of UNITY beginning with issue #5 next March. Keep your eyes peeled – we’ve even included a top secret teaser of things to come at the end of the first issue.”
The oversized, 40-page Unity #1 by Matt Kindt and Doug Braithwaite will be in stores November 13th.
- Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger Season 1, Episode 4 Recap: Call/Response - June 22, 2018
- Dynamite Brings Together Vampirella and Dejah Thoris for New Series - June 21, 2018
- Dynamite Announces ‘The Art of Troma’ Written by Fred Van Lente - June 21, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 4: How Will They Bring Back [Spoiler]? - June 21, 2018
- The Walking Dead’s David Morrissey Signs on to Good Omens - June 21, 2018