After last week’s intimate discussion with Ulises Farinas & Erick Freitas (which you can listen to here) and my recent film podcast with Before Midnight‘s Graham Reynolds (which you can listen to here) I suit up to chat with writer/artist Dean Haspiel (American Splendor, The Alcoholic, Billy Dogma) about his work on The Fox from Archie & Red Circle Comics.
We discuss the many and varied stages of his career; working with folks like Howard Chaykin, Bill Sienkiewicz, Harvey Pekar and Jonathan Ames; his influences and aspirations; getting naked with Rich Johnston; and how all of that led him to working on The Fox with writer Mark Waid.
To get in touch, send feedback or submit projects for consideration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. And if you missed last week’s episode (or any others) you can find them right here or subscribe via iTunes.
You can also support the Pop Culture Hound podcast by clicking here to make a donation. Your contributions are greatly appreciated and will help us maintain the site, get new equipment, and encourage us to keep going on those cold lonely nights.
- DC Comics to Celebrate Batman’s 80th Birthday With Detective Comics #1000 – But it All Begins in September - August 15, 2018
- Is Iron Man Appropriating Robo-Culture? Tony Stark: Iron Man #3 Spoilers - August 15, 2018
- A Further Tribute to Steve Ditko in Today’s Peter Parker, Spectacular Spider-Man #308 - August 15, 2018
- They Destroyed the Moon – What Have the Justice League Done to the Earth? (Justice League #6 Spoilers) - August 15, 2018
- The Deaths and Rebirths of Infinity War #2 That Even the Characters Don’t Believe (Spoilers) - August 15, 2018