The Evil Dead remake was very successful at the box office – with a worldwide gross of almost $100 million from a reported budget of $17 million – and work on a sequel was actually underway before that money even started rolling in.
Writer/Director Fede Alvarez and writer Rodo Sayagues were working on the screenplay for the sequel but Sayagues has just confirmed, in an interview with Gorosito TV via DesdeHollywood, that the two are no longer involved at all.
Sam Raimi is working on the script for Army of Darkness 2 though, so a new Evil Dead film of some kind in the near future seems very likely.
The pair have a number of other projects lined up though, including a Dante’s Inferno film based on the video game and the book, Machina, an original horror film and a couple of other ideas that may come to something.
Watch the interview from Gorosito TV below for more on what Sayagues had to say about their upcoming features.
- Now Is The Time To Buy Six Feet Under And Big Love - October 30, 2013
- Evil Dead Remake Writer And Director No Longer Involved In The Sequel - October 30, 2013
- Alternate Poster For Blue Is The Warmest Color - October 29, 2013
- New Trailer For Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf Of Wall Street - October 29, 2013
- London Will Fall In The Sequel To Olympus Has Fallen - October 29, 2013