We’ve covered the partwork publishing system in the UK before, where publishers split up a volume and sell it next to magazines, every week. And how they often use physical items to collect or (build up). The US market’s biggest exposure to this is Eaglemoss’ Marvel and DC figurines, as well as the chess set, but in the UK they are commonplace for all sorts of topics, woodwork, fishing, model making, DVD box sets, knitting, anything the hobby market can target.
Well now we’re getting a new one from Eaglemoss. And it’s rather meaty. The Gerry Anderson Collection, all the comic strips based on the TV series Thunderbirds, Joe 90, Stingray, Space 1999, Captain Scarlet, Fireball XL5, Stingray and more, published in comics such as TV 21, Countdown and created by the likes of Frank Bellamy, Frank Hampson, Eric Eden and many classic British comic creators, often in a lush painted style. You can see a preview of the first book here.
And that’s what these are, books, that will build up to create this:
And there are also toys and models to accompany the series for subscribers;
Which is also good timing for Egmont to put out their own collection of Gerry Anderson’s Thunderbirds comics, in hardcover…
- Let’s All Watch A Video About How Diamond Have Changed Their Olive Branch Distribution Centre - April 24, 2017
- Does Your Copy Of Secret Empire #0 Have A Misprint On Page 2? - April 24, 2017
- Process Is The Topic of the Day At C2E2’s Writing For Comics Panel - April 24, 2017
- The Winners Of Diamond’s Retailer Best Practice Awards Spring 2017, Announced At Chicago - April 24, 2017
- DC Comics Has Dark Matter, Cougar And Cub Have Faecal Matter… - April 24, 2017