We’ve covered the partwork publishing system in the UK before, where publishers split up a volume and sell it next to magazines, every week. And how they often use physical items to collect or (build up). The US market’s biggest exposure to this is Eaglemoss’ Marvel and DC figurines, as well as the chess set, but in the UK they are commonplace for all sorts of topics, woodwork, fishing, model making, DVD box sets, knitting, anything the hobby market can target.
Well now we’re getting a new one from Eaglemoss. And it’s rather meaty. The Gerry Anderson Collection, all the comic strips based on the TV series Thunderbirds, Joe 90, Stingray, Space 1999, Captain Scarlet, Fireball XL5, Stingray and more, published in comics such as TV 21, Countdown and created by the likes of Frank Bellamy, Frank Hampson, Eric Eden and many classic British comic creators, often in a lush painted style. You can see a preview of the first book here.
And that’s what these are, books, that will build up to create this:
And there are also toys and models to accompany the series for subscribers;
Which is also good timing for Egmont to put out their own collection of Gerry Anderson’s Thunderbirds comics, in hardcover…
- Kirby Comics Opens in Hanover, Pennsylvania, Makes the Front Page - January 20, 2018
- Al Ewing Has a “Most Awesome, Mind-Bending Miniseries Ever” Coming from Marvel Comics - January 20, 2018
- First Peek at Wild’s End Original Graphic Novel by Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard - January 20, 2018
- 28-Page Preview of Super Suckers #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 20, 2018
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018