We’ve covered the partwork publishing system in the UK before, where publishers split up a volume and sell it next to magazines, every week. And how they often use physical items to collect or (build up). The US market’s biggest exposure to this is Eaglemoss’ Marvel and DC figurines, as well as the chess set, but in the UK they are commonplace for all sorts of topics, woodwork, fishing, model making, DVD box sets, knitting, anything the hobby market can target.
Well now we’re getting a new one from Eaglemoss. And it’s rather meaty. The Gerry Anderson Collection, all the comic strips based on the TV series Thunderbirds, Joe 90, Stingray, Space 1999, Captain Scarlet, Fireball XL5, Stingray and more, published in comics such as TV 21, Countdown and created by the likes of Frank Bellamy, Frank Hampson, Eric Eden and many classic British comic creators, often in a lush painted style. You can see a preview of the first book here.
And that’s what these are, books, that will build up to create this:
And there are also toys and models to accompany the series for subscribers;
Which is also good timing for Egmont to put out their own collection of Gerry Anderson’s Thunderbirds comics, in hardcover…
- 148 More Cosplay Pics From San Diego Comic-Con 2018 – From Handmaids to The Incredibles Familly - July 22, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 22nd July 2018 – Welcome To The Worlds Of DC - July 22, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 22nd July 2018 – Batman No 1 But Sales Are Dropping - July 22, 2018
- It All Comes Down To This – #MarvelDeclassified Begins Tomorrow - July 22, 2018
- Cicada Put Through the Flash Blender and King Shark/Gorilla Grodd Team-Up – Q&A From Cast and Crew at SDCC - July 22, 2018