We’ve covered the partwork publishing system in the UK before, where publishers split up a volume and sell it next to magazines, every week. And how they often use physical items to collect or (build up). The US market’s biggest exposure to this is Eaglemoss’ Marvel and DC figurines, as well as the chess set, but in the UK they are commonplace for all sorts of topics, woodwork, fishing, model making, DVD box sets, knitting, anything the hobby market can target.
Well now we’re getting a new one from Eaglemoss. And it’s rather meaty. The Gerry Anderson Collection, all the comic strips based on the TV series Thunderbirds, Joe 90, Stingray, Space 1999, Captain Scarlet, Fireball XL5, Stingray and more, published in comics such as TV 21, Countdown and created by the likes of Frank Bellamy, Frank Hampson, Eric Eden and many classic British comic creators, often in a lush painted style. You can see a preview of the first book here.
And that’s what these are, books, that will build up to create this:
And there are also toys and models to accompany the series for subscribers;
Which is also good timing for Egmont to put out their own collection of Gerry Anderson’s Thunderbirds comics, in hardcover…
- POW! Entertainment Registers More ‘Stan Lee’ Trademarks for Sleeping Bags, Pizza Crust Mixes and Yoga Mats - April 22, 2018
- Gabriele Dell’Otto’s Exclusive Retailer Variant for Amazing Spider-Man #800 - April 22, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd April 2018 – ‘Action Comics Was the Highest/Fastest Selling Book in Our History’ - April 22, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters – 22nd April 2018 – DC ComicsGetting Fresh - April 22, 2018
- The Age Of Bronze Goes Full Colour as a Digital Ongong Series - April 22, 2018