USA Today is reporting that Marvel Comics will be putting out a new Winter Soldier series starting in February. The new series, Winter Soldier: The Bitter March is said to be a James Bond-esq pulp thriller set in 1966.
Two Nazi scientists have developed a top-secret formula that could potentially win the Cold War, and they’ve fallen into the hands of the evil organization Hydra. S.H.I.E.L.D. sends in secret agents Nick Fury and Ran Shen to collect the scientists, but the Soviets have plans for them, too, opening the “Red Room” and unleashing their own version of Captain America, the enigmatic Winter Soldier.
The creative team for the book is going to be Rick Remender and Roland Boschi.
“It sets up future events that will “shatter” the world of Steve Rogers in the pages of Captain America next year,” says writer Rick Remender. “At the same time, it is a love letter to (early-period) 007 and Jim Steranko S.H.I.E.L.D. comics.”
The new five-issue series starts prior to the release of Captain America: The Winter Soldier April 4,
- Flash Season 4: Iris West-Allen Suits Up in ‘Run, Iris, Run’ - February 22, 2018
- Comedy Central Keeps the Drinks Flowing by Renewing Drunk History - February 22, 2018
- Jessica Jones Season 2: Jessica Has More Rage… and More Heart - February 22, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 3: Kid Flash Isn’t the Only Speedster Showing Up - February 22, 2018
- NFL Post-Mortem: The 2017 Cincinnati Bengals - February 21, 2018