USA Today is reporting that Marvel Comics will be putting out a new Winter Soldier series starting in February. The new series, Winter Soldier: The Bitter March is said to be a James Bond-esq pulp thriller set in 1966.
Two Nazi scientists have developed a top-secret formula that could potentially win the Cold War, and they’ve fallen into the hands of the evil organization Hydra. S.H.I.E.L.D. sends in secret agents Nick Fury and Ran Shen to collect the scientists, but the Soviets have plans for them, too, opening the “Red Room” and unleashing their own version of Captain America, the enigmatic Winter Soldier.
The creative team for the book is going to be Rick Remender and Roland Boschi.
“It sets up future events that will “shatter” the world of Steve Rogers in the pages of Captain America next year,” says writer Rick Remender. “At the same time, it is a love letter to (early-period) 007 and Jim Steranko S.H.I.E.L.D. comics.”
The new five-issue series starts prior to the release of Captain America: The Winter Soldier April 4,
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018