I remember seeing an early sales poster for Olympus Has Fallen – although it was titled White House Taken at the time – last year in Cannes and wondering if it would ever actually get made. Not only did it get made but it’s now spawned a sequel, with a very unlikely premise and title.
As reported by Screen, the sequel to Olympus Has Fallen will be London Has Fallen.
Apparently London doesn’t get a codename. And the whole city can fall to terrorists. All of it. Even the leafy borough I’m currently typing this in, which is over eight miles from the Houses of Parliament. And the only people that can save us? A U.S. Army Ranger (Gerard Butler), an MI6 agent and the President of the United States (Aaron Eckhart).
I’m very intrigued to see how that will all be explained.
In addition to Butler and Eckart, Morgan Freeman, Rahda Mitchell and Angela Bassett will reportedly be back too. They’ll supposedly be in London for the Prime Minister’s funeral – not all on holiday together, riding one of the open top buses – when the terrorist attack hits.
Katrin Benedikt and Creighton Rothenberger will also write the script for the sequel and shooting will begin on May the 5th 2014.
- Now Is The Time To Buy Six Feet Under And Big Love - October 30, 2013
- Evil Dead Remake Writer And Director No Longer Involved In The Sequel - October 30, 2013
- Alternate Poster For Blue Is The Warmest Color - October 29, 2013
- New Trailer For Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf Of Wall Street - October 29, 2013
- London Will Fall In The Sequel To Olympus Has Fallen - October 29, 2013