A few days ago I mentioned a special screening of Michael Dougherty’s Trick ‘r Treat that was coming up soon. The screening was yesterday – which happens to be Dougherty’s birthday – and in the post-film Q&A it was announced that there will be a sequel to Trick ‘r Treat.
Dougherty also spoke to EW about the sequel and what they might focus on this time round,
I think we’ll shake it up a little bit. There are different archetypes I’d like to explore, different types of monsters. We covered werewolves, vampires, and zombies, but there’s a whole slew of different creatures out there that we haven’t tackled, and I think Sam would probably be pretty good buddies with. So I think it’s time to let them have their time in the sun.
I can’t wait. I’m crossing my fingers for a Halloween theatrical release for this. And that Dougherty finally gets this wish,
Well we could probably do a Trick ‘r Treat movie every year or every other year, and that it would sort of just be a new batch of stories and characters. And the common link between all of them would be Sam.
Embedded below is the full Q&A from the screening. The comments regarding the sequel happen around the sixteen minute mark.
- Now Is The Time To Buy Six Feet Under And Big Love - October 30, 2013
- Evil Dead Remake Writer And Director No Longer Involved In The Sequel - October 30, 2013
- Alternate Poster For Blue Is The Warmest Color - October 29, 2013
- New Trailer For Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf Of Wall Street - October 29, 2013
- London Will Fall In The Sequel To Olympus Has Fallen - October 29, 2013