I can’t believe I’m doing this.
But I’m doing this.
In the most recent episode of The Big Bang Theory, Penny tries to be romantic by giving Leonard a first edition copy of The Hitch-Hiker’s Guide To The Galaxy. Except he’s already got one.
But what he doesn’t say is that the book he’s been given isn’t a first edition copy of Hitch-Hiker’s Guide To The Galaxy.
Because it’s in hardback. The Hitch-Hiker’s Guide To The Galaxy was a paperback release from Pan, following the successful radio series. And looked like this.
Look it’s on Wikipedia and everything. In the US, Harmony Books release it as a hardcover… but that’s not a first edition. Maybe Leonard was just being even more diplomatic to Penny, and I’ve fallen into the trap. But I couldn’t help myself. And it’s been a lot less The Television Show That Hates You of late. But… dammit, they got me.
But yes, it was a sweet song.
- Blackstar Warrior Gets an Explosive Trailer From Brown Sugar - June 23, 2018
- Nick Derington Drawing Brian Bendis’ Batman for Walmart Exclusive DC Comics - June 23, 2018
- 10 Things We Can Tell You About Ta-Nehisi Coates’ Captain America #1 With Leinil Yu - June 23, 2018
- UPS Strike Off, Comic Stores Spared Disruption - June 23, 2018
- Heavy Metal’s Taarna Gets a Funko POP, Exclusive at SDCC 2018 - June 23, 2018