I can’t believe I’m doing this.
But I’m doing this.
In the most recent episode of The Big Bang Theory, Penny tries to be romantic by giving Leonard a first edition copy of The Hitch-Hiker’s Guide To The Galaxy. Except he’s already got one.
But what he doesn’t say is that the book he’s been given isn’t a first edition copy of Hitch-Hiker’s Guide To The Galaxy.
Because it’s in hardback. The Hitch-Hiker’s Guide To The Galaxy was a paperback release from Pan, following the successful radio series. And looked like this.
Look it’s on Wikipedia and everything. In the US, Harmony Books release it as a hardcover… but that’s not a first edition. Maybe Leonard was just being even more diplomatic to Penny, and I’ve fallen into the trap. But I couldn’t help myself. And it’s been a lot less The Television Show That Hates You of late. But… dammit, they got me.
But yes, it was a sweet song.
- Where In The World Are Marvel’s May 2018 Solicits? - February 20, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Super Sons With #16 – And Where Is Supergirl? - February 20, 2018
- The Full DC Comics Catalogue for May 2018 - February 20, 2018
- Eight of the Decade Covers for Action Comics #1000 – We’re Just Missing the ’80s - February 20, 2018
- DC Comics Solicits for May 2018: Batgirl and the Birds of Prey Cancelled, James Tynion IV Leaves Detective - February 20, 2018