Deadworld, the classic zombie comic created by Stuart Kerr, Ralph Griffith and Vince Locke in 1987 is being resurrected at IDW Publishing. The series has jumped around quite a bit in its over tw0 decades of life… or after-life… starting with Arrow Comics, then Caliber, Transfuzion and Desperado (Image/IDW). The story follows a group of post-apocalyptic survivors who now want to take the world back.
The new series, Deadworld: Restoration will be done by Gary Reed (Baker Street) and Sami Makkonen (Hatter M) produced the Deadworld: War of the Dead series the first of the series to be published in color and Ghastly Award for best-mini-series.
“I’m excited about this series,” said writer Gary Reed, “And the title of the series, Restoration, ties in with a number of different elements within the story. Yes, some things are restored but it’s not going to be what most people think.”
The synopsis for the series reads: The lepers have been slaughtered, the people who escaped the breeder pits head for the safety of New Washington, and now the zombies are under the control of Donna, the half-human/half-zombie hybrid. With King Zombie dead, Donna is the leader of the zombies…or is she?
Deadworld: Restoration will hit stores this December.
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018