I thought Disney Toon Studios did a pretty good job with Planes, all things considered. It’s hard to conceive, stage and edit dialogue scenes that take place in motion at many tens of miles an hour, if not indeed hundreds. The movie was clearly pitched at a younger audience than many animated films – as ridiculous as that might sound – but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t well crafted stuff.
There will be similar animation and staging problems to solve in the second part of the planned Planes trilogy, Fire and Rescue, as well as some all new ones.
Here’s the first teaser for the film. And the last pun, the one delivered in Honkers, is an awful lot of fun.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_uT5R5xx_I
I expect this was released now as it will also be on the Planes DVD and Blu-ray.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014