According to Ryan Reynolds, who has been in the UK promoting Turbo, his dream of playing Deadpool properly in a movie continues to coalesce into reality. In this interview with Yahoo you’ll see him claim that the film has taken:
some very, very small tiptoes forward… if I we’re a betting man I think it’ll get made eventually.
Perhaps the more interesting comments, though, were on the leaked screenplay. Because that leaked a long, long time ago. What Reynolds is saying, by implication, is that the script as it stands is the same one kicked around a few years back. I guess that when he said tiptoes he meant it.
We’ll see if Reynolds’ hypothetical bet comes off. My hunch is that the whole thing will get redeveloped at some point. I can’t see Fox letting the character go but this current draft? I’m certainly doubtful. Screenplays don’t bloom on studio desks, they decay. Maybe that’s not fair, but it’s certainly how it looks to be happening from all the way over here.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014