It’s been a good while since Seth Grahame-Smith started planning Beetlejuice 2 and now that there’s a screenplay with his name on it, Warner Bros. have set about trying to get Tim Burton back to direct again and Michael Keaton to star.
It’s not really worth too much fuss that Burton and Keaton have been rumoured to be involved as Grahame-Smith always said – when speaking with Bleeding Cool as well as just about everywhere else – that Burton was the ideal and Keaton was even essential.
But it’s that the dealmaking has started that makes The Hollywood Reporter‘s story of note, because it means, simply, that the studio want to make the film; they’ve seen Grahame-Smith and David Katzenberg‘s draft and they want to turn it into a movie.
I expect it will happen. And I hope it will be good.
Next up for Burton is Peregrine’s Home For Peculiars. The logline promises:
On an isolated island off of Wales, 16-year-old Jacob discovers an abandoned orphanage that was a home for children with strange powers.
Think: X-Men if all of the X-Men were more like characters from Tim Burton’s poems. That’s set to get shooting in the new year ahead of a July 2015 release.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014