Recently Bleeding Cool ran a story regarding lateness of certain scripts to certain artists involved with the X-books. We also listed a number of new artists being added to the credits of the final Battle Of The Atom issue, and foolishly conflated the two. Brian Bendis took exception to that, saying “It was a nice surprise at the very end of the event. we have a handful of Epilogues. One for each book that this crossover effects. Instead of having somebody else write and draw the epilogue each creative team responsible is dwriting their own epilogues..”
Calling me a “rumormongering bullshit artist” though even a cursory reading of certain artists’ Facebook posts backs the original story up, Kris Anka repeated Bendis’ charge on tumblr, adding “(one of them is my ass, which is absolutely crazy)”
Since Adjectiveless X-Men artist David Lopez is missing from those amended solicitations, that seems to suggest that Anka is his replacement on the title….
UPDATE: Bleeding Cool’s finest commentators in the forums have pointed out that the Dodsons were announced to take over the book next, but that Anka has been talking about an unannounced ongoing project for a while that it looks like it may be for Marvel. So let’s see what happens.
- Confirmed: Mary Jane Watson in Amazing Spider-Man #796 - February 18, 2018
- Frankensteining DC Comics Solicits for May 2018 - February 18, 2018
- Frankensteining Marvel May 2018 Solicitations - February 18, 2018
- Lying in the Gutters – 18th February 2018 – Everyone’s Talking About Poison Ivy - February 18, 2018
- Reports of Drink Spiking After Katsucon this Weekend - February 18, 2018