Recently Bleeding Cool ran a story regarding lateness of certain scripts to certain artists involved with the X-books. We also listed a number of new artists being added to the credits of the final Battle Of The Atom issue, and foolishly conflated the two. Brian Bendis took exception to that, saying “It was a nice surprise at the very end of the event. we have a handful of Epilogues. One for each book that this crossover effects. Instead of having somebody else write and draw the epilogue each creative team responsible is dwriting their own epilogues..”
Calling me a “rumormongering bullshit artist” though even a cursory reading of certain artists’ Facebook posts backs the original story up, Kris Anka repeated Bendis’ charge on tumblr, adding “(one of them is my ass, which is absolutely crazy)”
Since Adjectiveless X-Men artist David Lopez is missing from those amended solicitations, that seems to suggest that Anka is his replacement on the title….
UPDATE: Bleeding Cool’s finest commentators in the forums have pointed out that the Dodsons were announced to take over the book next, but that Anka has been talking about an unannounced ongoing project for a while that it looks like it may be for Marvel. So let’s see what happens.
- The Full DC Comics Catalogue for August 2018 - May 21, 2018
- Frank Miller and John Romita’s Superman: Year One for DC’s Black Label is Late Already - May 21, 2018
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, Batwoman Confirmed as Cancelled in August - May 21, 2018
- Stanley “Artgerm” Lau’s First 2 Covers for Fantastic Four #1 - May 21, 2018
- Hellana, Lookers, and Jungle Fantasy for Boundless August 2018 Solicits - May 21, 2018