Arrow returns for a second season on CW today and TV Guide spoke to producers Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg about what we can expect to see in the upcoming season and beyond.
Guggengeim and Kreisberg confirmed in the interview that Black Canary will make an appearance in the first episode of season two and that they also have some ideas about how to bring Birds of Prey into the series,
We have an idea for how to do our version of Birds of Prey. When you think about it, we have a lot of pieces. It’s a lot like the Suicide Squad. As we continue to populate our world with new characters and some returning people from last year, you start to go, “We’re really close to that!” We saw this awesome bit of production art for a new set that we realized plays into Birds of Prey completely. Our Art Department wasn’t even intending that! There’s certainly a momentum towards that, but everything has to happen in due time. With respect to Birds of Prey specifically, there’s an actress that we particularly need to make that piece work and we need to check on her availability.
Intriguing. The next question, I suppose, is which actress are they talking about?
UPDATE: As Brendon and many little Bleeders have pointed out to me, the actress in question is almost certainly Jessica De Gouw, who played Huntress. She is now in NBC’s Dracula, so her availability will indeed be a real issue.
- Now Is The Time To Buy Six Feet Under And Big Love - October 30, 2013
- Evil Dead Remake Writer And Director No Longer Involved In The Sequel - October 30, 2013
- Alternate Poster For Blue Is The Warmest Color - October 29, 2013
- New Trailer For Martin Scorsese’s The Wolf Of Wall Street - October 29, 2013
- London Will Fall In The Sequel To Olympus Has Fallen - October 29, 2013