Today, BBC News ran an report claiming that the previously presumed missing episodes of Doctor Who had been returned to the BBC and would be put on sale, digitally at the end of the week.
A number of websites reported this as the BBC officially confirming the rumour that had been prevalent on news sites since the weekend, but whose roots go a little while back.
But they’re wrong. BBC News is not the BBC. Oh sure, it’s part of it, but when it reports a news story about the BBC, it is not the PR wing of the broadcaster. It’s often critical, occasionally misinformed and generally the same as all the other media.
In this piece, though not naming the sources, it is simply repeating the stories broken by the Radio Times and The Mirror earlier in the week.
For official confirmation… or not… we’ll still have to wait.
- Image Comics To Publish 30 Walking Dead Tribute Variant Covers In October - July 27, 2017
- Captain America #695 Lenticular Cover By Alex Ross Homages John Romita Jr. And Bob Layton’s Iron Man - July 27, 2017
- Rich Johnston At The London Film And Comic Con Tomorrow, Table 38 - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of That Feminist Agenda T-Shirt (Marvel Comics Spoilers) - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of Wizard Magazine: A Guide To Comics? - July 27, 2017