Today, BBC News ran an report claiming that the previously presumed missing episodes of Doctor Who had been returned to the BBC and would be put on sale, digitally at the end of the week.
A number of websites reported this as the BBC officially confirming the rumour that had been prevalent on news sites since the weekend, but whose roots go a little while back.
But they’re wrong. BBC News is not the BBC. Oh sure, it’s part of it, but when it reports a news story about the BBC, it is not the PR wing of the broadcaster. It’s often critical, occasionally misinformed and generally the same as all the other media.
In this piece, though not naming the sources, it is simply repeating the stories broken by the Radio Times and The Mirror earlier in the week.
For official confirmation… or not… we’ll still have to wait.
- Godshaper By Si Spurrier And Jonas Goonface – The Shape Of Comics To Come? - January 20, 2017
- Cullen Bunn Unleashes Another Monster, Regression With Danny Luckert For Image Comics - January 20, 2017
- Will Rosado Joins Catalyst Prime’s Free Comic Book Day - January 20, 2017
- Plague Of Locusts, Frogs Fall From Sky And Witchblade Returns As A TV Series Again - January 20, 2017
- Don’t Fear Kim Reaper…. Supernatural Romance Leads Oni Press’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 20, 2017