Today, BBC News ran an report claiming that the previously presumed missing episodes of Doctor Who had been returned to the BBC and would be put on sale, digitally at the end of the week.
A number of websites reported this as the BBC officially confirming the rumour that had been prevalent on news sites since the weekend, but whose roots go a little while back.
But they’re wrong. BBC News is not the BBC. Oh sure, it’s part of it, but when it reports a news story about the BBC, it is not the PR wing of the broadcaster. It’s often critical, occasionally misinformed and generally the same as all the other media.
In this piece, though not naming the sources, it is simply repeating the stories broken by the Radio Times and The Mirror earlier in the week.
For official confirmation… or not… we’ll still have to wait.
- Entering The Spill Zone With Scott Westerfeld Ahead Of Free Comic Book Day - April 29, 2017
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: On Thin Ice – From Black Jesus To Punching Nazis - April 29, 2017
- Comic Creators At Ru Paul’s Drag Con, In Los Angeles This Weekend - April 29, 2017
- Separated At Birth – Moonstruck And Brave Chef Brianna? - April 29, 2017
- No, Calgary, Wonder Woman Isn’t Published By Marvel Comics… - April 29, 2017