Today, BBC News ran an report claiming that the previously presumed missing episodes of Doctor Who had been returned to the BBC and would be put on sale, digitally at the end of the week.
A number of websites reported this as the BBC officially confirming the rumour that had been prevalent on news sites since the weekend, but whose roots go a little while back.
But they’re wrong. BBC News is not the BBC. Oh sure, it’s part of it, but when it reports a news story about the BBC, it is not the PR wing of the broadcaster. It’s often critical, occasionally misinformed and generally the same as all the other media.
In this piece, though not naming the sources, it is simply repeating the stories broken by the Radio Times and The Mirror earlier in the week.
For official confirmation… or not… we’ll still have to wait.
- No One Told JH Williams III That Promethea Was Joining the Justice League - January 18, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 from Vault Comics Gets a Surprise FOC - January 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics Created Variant of Doctor Strange: Damnation to Be More Bible-Belt-Friendly - January 18, 2018
- BLACK Gets a New Series in April as BLACK [AF] Widows - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018