Up above, that’s a first look image of Diego Trujillo as Walter Blanco in Metastasis, the official do-over of Breaking Bad that, if you recall, was announced just before it became official and therefore caused a little bit of tea-cup storming.
Okay, changing Walter White to Walter Blanco was easy enough but what will the Spanish equivalent of Heisenberg be? I’m guessing… Heisenberg. They won’t have an equivalent, they’ll keep it “foreign.”
Jesse is going to be Jose, however, and Skyler will be Cielo.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, more than the names have been changed. They give the example that, because RVs aren’t so popular in Colombia, Walter and Jose are going to start out their business in a dilapidated school bus.
Small changes like this can make all the difference, especially if they happen in large numbers. We might see Metastasis take on a whole life of it’s own.
I hope so, anyway. And I hope I find somewhere I can check this out. The first season has been sold across Latin America and to UniVision in the US, but there’s not much chance, really, of it cropping up on UK TV. Particularly not as the original Breaking Bad ended up being a Netflix exclusive over here, even in the face of all the hype and fuss.
Here’s a trailer for the show that I found lurking on YouTube. It’s apparently been cut, or at least VO’d, for English speaking audiences.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014