Steve Bissette, co-creator of the John Constantine character, states that;”
As of this morning, it appears there will be NO payment to the Constantine creators for this series.
This option apparently rolled out of the already-paid-for option for the CONSTANTINE movie in the 1990s. Thus, we’ll only see $$ waaaay down the road, it appears, IF this series makes it to being a series. If it makes money. If it trickles down.
Will update you if/as we learn more.
But we will see $$ from any comics/graphic novels sold from the spillover of interest, FYI.
Hollywood accounting: gotta love it.
“an announcement of a plan” requires, in place, an OPTION—hence, my posting the facts as I know them this AM. Option, here, emerges from the prior Option that led to the movie (which we were paid our share of once there WAS a movie; how it works in the Warner/DC world).
John Constantine was created by Alan Moore, Steve Bissette and John Totleben, as he first appeared in Swamp Thing #21. Moore has waived any such fees to be paid to Steve and John. But in this case it seems he might as well not have bothered.
- Are We Getting an Original Unity Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment? - January 21, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Z-People #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 21, 2018
- More from Glenat’s Conan the Barbarian Series Starting This Year - January 21, 2018
- Hannah Blumenreich’s Official Free Comic Book Day 2018 Poster - January 21, 2018
- Jeepers Creepers by Marc Andreyko and Kewber Baal, from Dynamite in April - January 21, 2018