Steve Bissette, co-creator of the John Constantine character, states that;”
As of this morning, it appears there will be NO payment to the Constantine creators for this series.
This option apparently rolled out of the already-paid-for option for the CONSTANTINE movie in the 1990s. Thus, we’ll only see $$ waaaay down the road, it appears, IF this series makes it to being a series. If it makes money. If it trickles down.
Will update you if/as we learn more.
But we will see $$ from any comics/graphic novels sold from the spillover of interest, FYI.
Hollywood accounting: gotta love it.
“an announcement of a plan” requires, in place, an OPTION—hence, my posting the facts as I know them this AM. Option, here, emerges from the prior Option that led to the movie (which we were paid our share of once there WAS a movie; how it works in the Warner/DC world).
John Constantine was created by Alan Moore, Steve Bissette and John Totleben, as he first appeared in Swamp Thing #21. Moore has waived any such fees to be paid to Steve and John. But in this case it seems he might as well not have bothered.
- Let’s All Watch Frank Miller And Klaus Janson Talk Will Eisner For Over An Hour - April 30, 2017
- Moving The Needle – Bleeding Cool’s Top 11 Hottest Writers, April 2017 - April 30, 2017
- Moving The Needle – Bleeding Cool’s Top 11 Hottest Artists, April 2017 - April 30, 2017
- Who’s Behind The Vault Door In Doctor Who Series Ten? (VIDEO) - April 30, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters 30th April 2017 – I Like Big Bids And I Cannot Lie - April 30, 2017