Here’s one of the three new, tiny episodes of Doctor Who to be included in the complete season seven box. It’s the only one to have been released online, and was brought to my attention by Doctor Who TV.
Their story says that this was written by Neil Gaiman, though an on screen credit says Steven Moffat. After the video I’ll drop the quote from Gaiman that explains that the screen credit is wrong.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORR-SY0KskM
Here’s Gaiman on the provenance of this episode from his Tumblr:
For the puzzled and curious. The lost Planet of the Rain Gods sequence from The Doctor’s Wife, which was drawn by Mark Buckingham as a comic featuring the Doctor and Amy and Rory in the 2012 Doctor Who Brilliant Book, was then rewritten by me as a Doctor/River minisode for the DVD, and then that script was filmed more or less given some limitations of time and budget, does now sort of exist.
(It’s credited to Steven Moffat as writer, but then, they’ve credited me on the box as writer of The Name of the Doctor which he wrote and I didn’t, so there you go.)
I really felt those limitations of time and budget at the end, I have to admit, but it was certainly fun too.
Now… tell me. Is this the first time somebody other than Moffat has written live action River Song? I can’t think of another one, off the top of my tired old head.
I’m going to buy the series seven box, I think, if pretty much just for Asylum of the Daleks and The Crimson Horror, the two I feel keen to see again. Not sure why I’m feeling the pull of those two, but it’s honest and almost physical, and I’m going to go with it.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014