Misfits series five is on its way, at the end of October. And thankfully, the cast haven’t been ransacked by The Hobbit, Game Of Thrones and the like. Eight hour long episodes… but they are the last ones. I was the first person to write about Misfits, the first to review it, and I still have the T-shirt. Despite X-Men First Class, Avengers and the like, it remains to my mind the best superpowered drama on the screen.
The new series marks the first anniversary of the storm and a support group forms on the estate for those people who find having a super power isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Like… the ability to knit visions of the future, or to shag unwanted powers out of other people (you read that right) or to transform into a turtle. And as Dark Rudy likes to talk-slash-moan, it should come as no surprise that he is the first of our gang to start attending. And it’s here that he sees a very different future facing the team – one which could change things forever.
Showrunner and writer Howard Overman also has Atlantis premiering on BBC1 on Saturday. How long will it be till he gets revered in the way Steven Moffat is now?
- The Full DC Comics Catalogue for August 2018 - May 21, 2018
- Frank Miller and John Romita’s Superman: Year One for DC’s Black Label is Late Already - May 21, 2018
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps, Batwoman Confirmed as Cancelled in August - May 21, 2018
- Stanley “Artgerm” Lau’s First 2 Covers for Fantastic Four #1 - May 21, 2018
- Hellana, Lookers, and Jungle Fantasy for Boundless August 2018 Solicits - May 21, 2018