Production is well underway on the Doctor Who Christmas special, with Matt Smith, Jenna Coleman, Orla Brady and some folk in Cybermen suits all working hard to send out this generation of The Doctor in fine style.
Meanwhile, I’ve heard fairly well-sourced and direct reports that three of the previous Doctors have been seen at the studios in Roath Lock, the BBC’s studio base for the show down in Cardiff Bay. The particular actors spotted were Peter Davison, Colin Baker and Sylvester McCoy. A couple of loose Tweets seem to corroborate what I was hearing, certainly enough that I think it’s worth passing on to you.
Now, the original reports came to me flavoured with gossip that the actors may well be showing up in the Christmas special and I suppose, okay, that’s not beyond the realms of possibility.
My hunch, though – and it is just a hunch – is that they’re filming a skit for one of the anniversary celebration shows. Indeed, I think they already shot some material down at the BBC’s old buildings in White City, and that was caught on cameraphone.
It’s nice to think that Doctors five, six and seven are playing along and have a good sense of fun. It continues to be of note that Doctors four and ten are nowhere to be seen.
I think that there’s possibly a very good reason that Paul McGann won’t take part in a sketch about being left out of the 50th anniversary special, but Tom Baker? Maybe he just doesn’t want to. Maybe he just didn’t find it
money funny enough.
We’re less than two months out from the actual anniversary, and the screening of the 50th special. Can’t be more than… oh, seven weeks out from a trailer, can we? Eight weeks at most? Maybe eight weeks and a day?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014