The casting calls going out for Warner Bros. next Superman movie are quite brilliantly vague. I’ve learned today that they’re looking for a new female lead, but the information they’re giving is incredibly light.
I can tell you that she’ll be somewhere between twenty five and thirty three – or at least leave the impression of a woman in that age range, whatever that might be.
I can tell you that she needs to be physically strong. They’re specific about that.
And I can tell you that the discussion in some agencies who have been submitting actors for this role is that they’re sending up candidates for the role of Wonder Woman. They don’t know that it’s her, it’s just become their expectation, or at least a rumour that’s coloured their conception.
Warner Bros., as you might expect, are refusing to confirm this, even to the agents they’re negotiating with.
But it seems that they’ve also failed to deny it.
That’s very interesting. And I can’t imagine many other female roles would be such a closely guarded secret.
Though I guess it’s possible that this mystery role is the new villain. There’s certainly been no other casting breakdown that would relate to a baddie. Not yet. And they’re going to need one… aren’t they? Or will the title Batman vs. Superman stick, and actually be rather accurate?
I was wondering if the plan might be to introduce Wonder Woman in a smaller way in this next picture before leading into Justice League, not unlike the introduction of Black Widow in Iron Man 2 or Nick Fury popping up at the end of pick-a-Marvel-movie-any-Marvel-movie.
Knowing that this role has been pitched to agencies as a lead, however…
I’ll be keeping my pointy rubber ear to the ground.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014