There are several acting agencies that specialise in actors with extraordinary physiques, from the tall to the small, the very thin to the rather broad. Last Friday, these agencies received a new Star Wars casting call.
Here’s the very letter of what it said:
Tall Man (Male, 21 – 60) Male, 7 ft to 7.3 ft tall with a slim/thin build and upright posture. Not too worked out or too ‘thick set’ especially in the shoulders. Broad facial features would be a bonus.
Okay, not the very letter- they said Nt, I changed it to Not. But you get the picture, and I think you’ll agree it’s looking rather like this one.
Peter Mayhew originated the role of Chewbacca but, unfortunately, he would not be fit to get back inside the fur just now. Standing at 7’2″, though, he’s right up there in just the same atmospheric strata where the new actor would stand.
Okay, so perhaps they’re looking for a new Wookiee. Perhaps they’re looking for a new creature, of a different species. Perhaps they just have a tall, not-too-thick-set character in the new movies.
But I think this is going to be Chewbacca. Han Solo’s coming back, why not bring his first mate with him? They wouldn’t kill Chewie off between movies, would they?
Incidentally, this would be a really good gig to get. The dates associated with this casting call make it clear that it’s for Episode VII but there is that Han Solo prequel coming too, and that’s almost certain to feature Chewie. It’s just a question of how well you do with fursuits under studio lights, I reckon.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014