It’s a testing time for Asterix. In October, the first volume created without either or René Goscinny or Albert Uderzo, though Uderzo is supervising the new team. And while both Jean-Yves Ferri and Didier Conrad are stars in their own right, some are nervous. So much so that the print run of the new Asterix volume, Asterix And The Picts, is set at only two million in the French edition.
It may still be the best selling comic this year, especially when all languages are added into the equation, but the previous volume had a first print of over three million in French and went through a number of editions… looks like there are a few nervous numbercrunchers over this one.
Of course, this is also the first volume to have an edition in Scots.
- Action Lab Puts Five Million Comics In The Classroom, Announces Kid Sherlock, Albert Einstein: Time Mason, Stray, Midnight Tiger And The Ghost, The Owl - April 27, 2017
- Heading Towards 100,000 For X-O Manowar #1’s Third Printing - April 27, 2017
- Leo Baxendale, Creator Of The Bash Street Kids, Dies At 86 - April 27, 2017
- Bumping The Numbers On The 25-Cent Saga #43 By Bryan K Vaughan And Fiona Staples - April 27, 2017
- Exclusive: A Few DC Covers For May, From Gary Frank To Frank Cho To Jim Lee To Emanuela Lupacchino To Jenny Frison - April 27, 2017