It’s a testing time for Asterix. In October, the first volume created without either or René Goscinny or Albert Uderzo, though Uderzo is supervising the new team. And while both Jean-Yves Ferri and Didier Conrad are stars in their own right, some are nervous. So much so that the print run of the new Asterix volume, Asterix And The Picts, is set at only two million in the French edition.
It may still be the best selling comic this year, especially when all languages are added into the equation, but the previous volume had a first print of over three million in French and went through a number of editions… looks like there are a few nervous numbercrunchers over this one.
Of course, this is also the first volume to have an edition in Scots.
- Two TV Commercials From DC Comics For the New Age of Heroes Line - January 17, 2018
- For Those of You Still Reading Generation X… Something Special For Jubilee (#86 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Brian Wood and Jorge Coelho’s Robocop: Citizens Arrest Looks to Explore Social Justice - January 17, 2018
- Ludocrats from Kieron Gillen, David Lafuente, and Jim Rossignol is Coming Soon, Honest - January 17, 2018
- Now Glénat to Publish Conan Comics, as It’s All Public Domain in Europe - January 17, 2018