The Other Dead, a new comic book from IDW is published next Wednesday. A story about animals, reanimated, coming back from the dead as bloodthirsty zombies. But focusing on the people, a young cancer sufferer and his mother, a pair of strippers, a rock band with some seriously strange ideas, hunters, all in Louisiana, living around each other.
Oh yes, and Dick Cheney going hunting deer with his friends.
One of which he bags.
The deer, that is, not his friends. Not this time at least.
But we all know what those red eyes mean, right?
And just like a military operation, even if you destroy the enemy, there’s always a possibility, that they can still strike back. The death of Sadaam Hussein, the death of Osama Bin Laden, they haven’t stopped the fight against the USA, as Dick Cheney knows well, somehow people or those they have inspired can find a way to attack you from beyond the grave.
Or, you know, bloodthirsty zombie deer who you have just shot in the head. A subtext for military problems the USA faces around the world? Or just a zombie deer attaching Dick Cheny?
But this is Dick. Our Dick. Can’t he survive such an assault? Rally round? Make a second strike, a surge if you will, and win the day?
The Other Dead #1 is published today from IDW, by Joshua Ortega, Digger T Mesch, Qing Ping Mui and Blond. Comics courtesy of Orbital Comics, London. Currently running Sophie’s World, an exhibition highlighting the photographs of Sophie Aldred by Steve Cook.
- A New Wolverine Comic From Marvel in April 2018… - January 19, 2018
- Martin Rowson to Adapt Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto as a Graphic Novel, and More from SelfMadeHero in 2018 - January 19, 2018
- All 3 Marvel Comics Nominated for GLAAD Awards Have Been Cancelled - January 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Signs Kelly Thompson as an Exclusive Creator - January 19, 2018
- Nancy Silberkleit Now Distributing Her Own Archie Comic, Featuring Scarlet, One Copy at a Time - January 19, 2018