Included with the new, 30th anniversary Blu-ray release of Halloween 2 is Terror in the Aisles, a collection of clips from horror movies. It’s hosted by Donald Pleasance and Nancy Allen, who also get to act a little bit of their own framing narrative.
I’ve heard of the film plenty of times but never seen it – it’s been hidden since the VHS era – but the idea of sampling stand-out scenes from what the film apparently calls “Terror Movies” does appeal, particularly when some of these are vintage films going back into the black and white era.
It sounds like a fun way to do a bit of window shopping and see if any appealing little pictures have somehow slipped me by. There’s apparently some interesting commentary and information in the script that Pleasance and Allen read too – though I can’t vouch for its quality personally, just yet.
Halloween 2 is only $8.99 right now, and Region Free, so Terror in the Aisles sounds like reason enough to import in its own right. And so I will.
Perfect for a Halloween party, I reckon – particularly at this price.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014